Black Label or Pocket Pistols

Gday again, after telling everyone I got my dream board I’ve realised that it might just be a good board to look at not such a great ride. So I’ve been looking at pocket pistols or black label: Rick Blackheart pool shark, Concrete Wave, Duane Peters 999 lives, Jeff Grosso Archangel.

So if anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great.

Cheers, S.S.

Both use good wood and pressed in the states (there are some cheap BL’s pressed in china, but only some of the thinner boards).
I would go with the BL only just, but it is personal prefference.
You would not be dissapointed in either.

Cheers
Taras

G’day SS. Both are good wood and I think Pocket Pistols and Emergency BLBL might even be made in the same factory? PS Stix.

Hate to burst the black label bubble but they are all china now. Pps is all US and the graphics are all screen printed not heat transfers like most other companys.

SS,
Try Hambo under skateshops he’s got some BL

or

try Hemley

hemley.com.au/

i know they had the smaller concrete wave.
Wayne.

SS,

Both brands are great decks both in wood quality and graphics!

If you can stand on the various shapes you like and see if the kick tail and concave are to your liking!

Either way I am sure you won’t go wrong!

My last ride with a Black Label Duane Peters deck. I know have a PPS Big O Skatepark deck, they are both pretty much the same, slightly more concave in the PPS. I prefer PPS because they are screended like someone above said.

looks like PPS is the winner, prolly get the pool shark or concrete wave, or similar. Anyone got one for sale? :smiley:

I have a pps big o i can send ya gripped and shipped for $120 its very similar shape to the duanne peters deck, plus i have all trucks wheels bearings and any thing else you may need to set it up. PPs boards are also the guys who make all the reissue hosoi stuff so someof those might be of interest to you also.

This is my big O, to give you and idea of shape,
mine is:
9.325" x 32.5"
15.25" Wheel Base

PPS
HIT UP Hop NOW!!!
hopkin.com.au
All PS STIX
all screen printed by screaming squeegies (which alos do HOSOI).
Quality through and through.
I see BL are now not even putting where they are made on the latest decks, at least the older ones had etched made in PRC or made in USA, now its just the etched flame.
:smiling_imp:

bardot: SO
ben schroeder: SO
pool shark: SO
burgers pool: SO
chickens pool: SO
concrete wave: SO
jake phelps: SO
katen men: SO
lee ralph: SO
matt french fries: SO
matt french lion: SO
piggy: SO
punkers pool: SO
rabid rabbit: SO
radzilla: SO
remy tux fish: SO
remy wave: SO
rick blackheart doctor: SO
skully: SO
tom groholski: SO

nearly everything is out of stock?

Hop is on Holidays for a week.
JHS which is the Australian Distributor and has at the moment limited stock and in between clearing and shipping the latest sceened.
If you want a PPS, give Hop a mail, or myself and we can tell you whats left in the country by early next week.
Yes he had the lot, one fellow collector a month ago bought out his whole stock in one go, thats one huge sale.
(and im spewn because now I cant get another Remy Tux for a while).
:smiling_imp:

:imp: :imp: :imp: Out of the two brands mentioned POCKET PISTOLS for the WIN…

Hambo of Hambo Skates residing in Newport has Black Label Daune Peters on site under skateshops.

Buy both 8) :wink: [/img]

the’pool shark’ kind of has that big flat 90s nose that made it twist and snap way too easy for a wide board.
i also had a bizzarre sensation that it was actually’too small’!!!

ended up nabbing bathurstnath’s PPS concrete wave. SICK! :smiling_imp:

a mate slung me a black label iggy…for nada the other day…but your sorted now…its small it pops like a bitch and shes perty solid for my 105 mass…me finks me will stick wid him kaboobi…pm me directly if you have any more needs…cheers mate ave a good one.

BOTH BRANDS ARE COMING OUT OF THE SAME WOOD SHOP. PAUL SCHMITT IS MANUFACTURING FOR BLACK LABEL AND POCKET PISTOLS. HE USED TO PRODUCE IN THE USA BUT THINGS GOT TOO EXPENSIVE AND HE OPENED A WOOD SHOP IN MEXICO AND CHINA. PAUL SCHMITT ALWAYS USES THE BEST WOOD AND GLUE YOU CAN GET!

CHECK OUT: www.skateparkoftampa.com/spot/article.aspx?id=785